Godhumai Rava – 1 cup
Pineapple – 1 1/2 cups, chopped, mashed to a thick pulp
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Cashewnuts – 15, fried
Saffron Strands – 4 to 5
Ghee – 3 tblsp
1. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the wheat rava and fry for a minute or two.
3. Pour enough water to cover the rava and keep stirring till it starts to thicken.
4. Add the sugar, pineapple and mix well.
5. Add the saffron strands and stir once more.
6. Remove and pour into a greased plate.
7. Garnish with fried cashews.
8. Cut into desired shapes once it has cooled a bit.
I had this once on a tour to thanjavur and it tasted delicious.