Water – 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Moong Dal – 1 tblsp, soaked in water for 60 minutes
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Ajwain – a pinch
Oil for deep frying
1. Boil water.
2. Add rice flour, salt, chilli powder, moong dal, ajwain and ghee.
3. Mix well.
4. Cover and keep for 6 hours.
5. Make small balls of this mixture.
6. Roll it into thin 2 inch long strips.
7. With a wet finger, press to join the ends to form small rings.
8. Deep fry these rings in oil over medium heat till golden brown.
9. Serve at once.
This is a tasty snack from Andhra Pradesh. These will stay good for 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container.