For the Marinade:
White Vinegar – 1 tblsp
Ginger Paste – 3 tblsp
Garlic Paste – 3 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 tbslp, minced
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
1. Wash the chicken and set aside to drain.
2. Combine the marinade ingredients and rub into the chicken.
3. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
4. Heat ghee or oil in a heavy based pan over moderate heat.
5. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
6. Add chicken with its marinade and stir well.
7. Cover pan and cook over moderate heat for 10 to 15 minutes till the water released from chicken is almost absorbed.
8. Remove any excess oil from pan.
9. Wash rice and soak in water for 15 minutes.
10. Drain and add to the pan.
11. Stir till transparent.
12. Mix in salt and 2 cups of water.
13. Cook rice.
14. Stir lightly.
15. Garnish with ginger and coriander leaves.