Fish – 800gm, cut into boneless pieces
For the Marinade:
Salt – 1 tbsp
White pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Fenugreek Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Clove Powder – a pinch
Ginger Garlic Paste – 5 tsp
Yoghurt – 2 tsp
Vinegar – 3/4 cup
Cream – 1/2 cup
Mustard Oil – 4 tbsp
Cloves – 16
Live Charcoal Piece – 1
Refined Oil for basting
1. Wash, clean and dry the fish pieces.
2. For the marinade, mix all the ingredients together and rub into the fish pieces and keep aside.
3. Make a well in the centre and put mustard oil and cloves.
4. Place the live charcoal piece in the oil and cover the bowl with a lid.
5. Seal the lid so that the smoke does not escape.
6. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the lid, skewer the fish and roast in a medium hot tandoor for 5-6 minutes.
8. Remove from the tandoor and allow excess marinade to drip off.
9. Baste with oil and roast again for 2 minutes until done.
10. Remove from skewers and transfer to a serving platter.
11. Serve hot accompanied by a green salad and mint chutney.