About the Recipe:
Spicy Lemongrass Tamarind Chicken is a celebration of bold Asian-inspired flavours. Picture succulent chicken thighs marinating in a zesty blend of lemongrass, tamarind, and chilli, creating a dish that’s not just a feast for the taste buds but a visual delight.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
Get ready for an explosion of taste! The marinade infuses the chicken, creating a mouthwatering symphony of sweet, sour, and spicy notes. The vibrant colours and enticing aroma make this dish a culinary delight and experience.
For an extra kick, marinate the chicken a bit longer—the flavours intensify, ensuring each bite is a burst of savoury, spicy goodness.
Serving and Storing Suggestions
Serve this Spicy Lemongrass Tamarind Chicken piping hot over a bed of steamed rice for a complete and satisfying meal. Leftovers? They’re even more flavorful the next day.
Other Similar Recipes
Explore more flavour-packed chicken dishes like Thai Basil Chicken or dive into the richness of Coconut Milk Chicken Curry.
Rich in chicken protein and enhanced with lemongrass antioxidants, this dish brings flavour and nutrition.
Spicy Lemongrass Tamarind Chicken
- 250 gms Chicken Thighs (boneless, cut into small pieces)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Red Chilli (small, deseeded, chopped)
- 1/2 Capsicum (small, deseeded, cubed)
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Extract
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Coriander Leaves (few chopped)
Mix together for the marinade:
- 3/4 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper Powder - 1/8 tsp
- 1 stalk Lemongrass (small, inner part finely sliced, outer layers discarded)
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the prepared marinade and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the marinated chicken, red chilli and capsicum.
- Increase flame to high and stir-fry for 2 minutes or till the chicken is browned.
- Reduce flame to medium.
- Add the stock, tamarind extract and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cook till the chicken is tender and cooked.
- Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How spicy is Spicy Lemongrass Tamarind Chicken?
Adjust spice by controlling red chilli flakes. Tailor it to your preferred spice level.
Can I use chicken breasts instead of thighs?
Certainly! Adjust cooking time for tender chicken breasts.
What side dishes pair well with this dish?
Pair with jasmine rice, or try a cucumber salad for added freshness.
Can I make the marinade in advance?
Absolutely! Refrigerate the marinade for intensified flavours.
Is tamarind extract readily available?
Yes, find it in grocery stores or make your own by soaking tamarind pulp in warm water.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.