Chicken Tikka is a popular sub-continent dish where pieces of marinated chicken are cooked in a tandoor/oven. The Chicken Tikka Dry is a delicious dish is often served as an appetizer or even as a main course with roti, naan or paratha. It is a prominent menu at weddings and parties. A staple of the Punjabi cuisine, it is made with boneless chicken pieces marinated in a yogurt marinade and cooked in an oven or a tandoor either skewered or as is.
Chicken Tikka Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka
- 400 g Chicken boneless, skinless, chopped
- few Wooden Skewers soaked in water
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 + 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- as per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 + 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 Onion sliced into rings
- as required Lemon Wedges
How to make Chicken Tikka
- Mix 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cover and keep this in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Add the red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, mustard oil, garam masala powder and salt to a bowl.
- Add the yogurt and mix well until smooth.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and mix until evenly coated.
- Cover and keep this in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours.
- Skewer the chicken pieces and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven (200C/400F) for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove and brush with butter.
- Bake again for another minute or two.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Sprinkle chaat masala powder.
- Serve with lemon wedges and onion rings.