Broken Wheat – 1 cup
Chicken or Mutton – 250 gms, diced
Onion – 1, large and diced
Cinnamon Stick – 1
Salt to taste
Water – 750 to 900 ml
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Small Red Onion (Sambar Onion) – 1 tblsp, chopped
Sugar – a pinch
1. Cook the broken wheat with the chicken or mutton, onion, cinnamon stick, salt and water for 25 minutes.
2. When the meat is cooked, remove from the fire.
3. Mash it well using a wooden spoon.
4. Keep aside.
5. Heat 1tblsp of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
6. Add the small red onion and fry till light golden brown.
7. Add the soup and check for seasoning.
8. Serve hot with a dash of ghee and a pinch of sugar.