White Kabuli Channa – 1/2 cup
Small Soya Nuggets – 1/4 cup
Onions – 3, big
Tomato Puree – 1/4 cup
Green Chillies – 2
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Tamarind Extract – 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Jaggery – as per taste, grated
Coriander Powder – 1 1/2 tsp, roasted
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 1/2 tsp, finely cut
Oil for frying
1. Soak chana over night in water.
2. Drain and pour fresh water and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles.
3. Soak soya in boiling hot water for 15 minutes.
4. Drain, add fresh water and squeeze it. Keep it aside.
5. Cut onions into big squares and grind it coarsely.
6. Heat oil in a kadai, saute cumin seeds, green chillies, ground onion and ginger garlic paste.
7. Fry until dark golden in colour.
8. Add cumin powder, garam masala powder, chilli powder and salt.
9. Add tomato paste and allow to boil.
10. Mix tamarind extract, jaggery and chana along with cooked water.
11. Add squeeze soya, enough water and allow to cook in medium flame.
12. Add dry mango powder and coriander leaves just before removing from flame.
13. Serve hot with poori or roti.