Paneer – 350 gms, cubed
Oil – 2 tblsp, to shallow fry
For the Gravy:
Oil – 1 tblsp
Butter – 1 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp, roasted and coarsely ground
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Tomatoes – 1/2 cup, grated
Drained Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Cashew Nut Paste – 1/2 cup
Khoya – 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
White Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 1/2 cup
Capsicum – cut into strips, to garnish
1. To make the cashew nut paste, soak the cashew nuts in 3/4 cup of hot water for 10 minutes.
2. Grind in a blender to make a thick paste.
3. Heat the oil in a shallow non-stick pan and stir-fry the paneer till it turns golden brown. Remove and reserve.
4. Heat the oil and butter in a kadai.
5. Add the onion and coriander seeds.
6. Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute briefly.
7. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
8. Blend the yogurt, cashew nut paste and khoya into the gravy.
9. Season with chilli flakes, white pepper powder and salt.
10. Add the water and bring to a boil.
11. Then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the gravy is thick and smooth.
12. Add the paneer.
13. Cook for 1 more minute and then transfer to a serving dish.
14. Garnish with the capsicum strips and serve hot.