Wheat Flour – 3 cups
Oil – 3 tsp, for mixing
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
Peas – 1 cup, boiled
Green Chillies – 2, minced
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, minced
Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Salt to taste
Roast and Powder:
Coriander Seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 2
Cinnamon – 1/4 inch piece
Peppercorns – 6 to 8
Red Chilli – 1
Aniseeds – 1 tsp
1. Mix together flour, salt, oil.
2. Knead to a soft dough, cover and set aside.
3. Mash boiled peas and keep aside.
4. Heat 2 tblsp oil, add minced ingredients, fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. When fried, add mashed peas, roasted and powdered masala along with salt, fry 1 minute more. Remove, set aside to cool.
6. Take a large lemon size ball of dough, make a cup, using oil while doing so.
7. Put some of the filling in, close cup, pat into a round.
8. Roll each round carefully on a floured board, dusting with flour into a paratha.
9. Put the paratha on a tava on medium heat, cook both sides using ghee or oil till brown and dark spots appear on surface.
10. Serve very hot with a mild raitha or just plain curds.