Zucchinis – 675 gms
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1, thinly sliced
Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp, ground
Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1 tsp
Ground Cumin – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Tomato Puree – 1 tblsp
Tomatoes – 400 gms, chopped
Water – 2/3 cup
Fresh Coriander – 1 tblsp, chopped
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Rice or Naan – to serve
1.Trim the ends from the zucchinis and then cut them evenly into 1/2 inch thick slices.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan and fry the cumin and the mustard seeds for 2 minutes until they begin to splutter.
3. Add the sliced onion and crushed garlic to the seeds in the pan and fry for about 5-6 minutes.
4. Add the turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin and salt and fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the sliced zucchinis, all at once, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring so that they do not burn.
6. Mix together the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and add to the pan with the water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
7. Stir in the fresh coriander and garam masala, then cook for 5 minutes or until the zucchinis are tender.
8. Serve the curry with rice or naan.