Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 3, blanched, peeled
Green Chillies – 2, slit
Oil – 2 tsp
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Cashewnuts – few, fried, for garnish
For the masala:
Garlic – 2 cloves
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Heat a small frying pan over medium flame.
2. Lightly fry the masala ingredients for 30 seconds and transfer to a mixie.
3. Add little water and grind to a smooth paste.
4. Keep aside.
5. Heat little oil in a pressure pan.
6. Saute the onions until golden brown.
7. Add the ground masala paste, tomatoes, green chillies, garam masala powder and salt.
8. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Add the rice and stir briefly.
10. Add enough water and cook until 1 whistle.
11. Reduce flame to low and cook for another 5 minutes.
12. Remove and open the lid after the pressure has dropped.
13. Garnish with fried cashewnuts and coriander leaves.
Your recepies are awesome.. Could you tell me how much it serves?
Thank you. Generally most of the recipes should serve 2 people.