Mavadu (or Tender Baby Mangoes) is a very popular summer time variety of green mangoes used to make pickles. In this recipe, the mangoes are used to make a fried rice variety that can be served for lunch.
- Mavadu (tender baby mangoes) – 10
- Boiled Rice – 2 cups
- Onions – 1/2 cup, Big
- Green Chillies – 2
- Broken Cashews – 1 tblsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Curd – 1/4 cup
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
- Mint Leaves – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Finely chop the maavadu along with the skin
- Finely slice the onions and green chillies.
- Heat a kadai over medium flame.
- Fry the onions until golden brown and keep it separately.
- To the same pan, heat oil and fry the cashews until golden brown.
- Add the sliced green chillies, maavadu and saute well.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add the curd, chopped coriander and mint leaves and cook till a nice aroma.
- When a thick paste is formed, add the boiled rice to it.
- Lastly add the fried onions and mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot with curd raita.