A simple, delicious and easy to make sandwich with mushrooms and paneer. Perfect for a light lunch or a dinner, these Mushroom Paneer Sandwiches also make for a great lunchbox or evening snack.
Bread Slices – 10 to 12
Mushrooms – 15 to 16, chopped
Paneer – 200 gms
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 4, finely chopped
Ginger – 2 inch piece, grated
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Cloves – 4 to 5
Black Peppercorns – 10 to 12
Ajwain (Omam) – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Butter as required (optional)
1. Crumble the paneer and keep aside.
2. Grind the peppercorns, ajwain, cumin seeds and cloves to a fine powder.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Saute the onions and ginger for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the ground powder, turmeric powder and salt.
6. Add the tomatoes, green chillies and saute for another 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Add the mushrooms and crumbled paneer.
8. Saute for an another 2 to 3 minutes and switch off the flame.
9. Toast the bread slices and place them on a flat surface. Butter them if desired.
10. Divide the mushroom-paneer mixture among half of the slices and cover with the remaining slices.
11. Halve or cut into quarters if desired.
12. Serve at once.