Mushroom Pasta with olives and choice of vegetables is an easy, quick and nutritious meal full of flavor. The creamy sauce with mushrooms along with the richness of olives is all it takes to have you licking up your plates long after you’ve finished your meal.
Perfect for lunch or dinner either on weekdays or weeknights. Also great for date nights.
Mushroom Pasta Recipe
Ingredients for Mushroom Pasta
- 6 to 8 Button Mushrooms chopped
- 200 to 250 g Pasta choice of spirelli, penne or spaghetti
- 1 Zucchini finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Black Olives chopped
- 1 Garlic -Clove
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- a pinch Oregano
- few Parsley or Mint Leaves
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp Olive Oil
- as per taste Salt
For the sauce
- 2 to 3 tblsp Milk
- 2 tblsp Butter
- 2 tblsp Cream
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese grated
How to make Mushroom Pasta
- Cook the pasta in a pan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until al-dente.
- Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan over low flame.
- Mix the cream and milk together. Add to the pan.
- After 2 minutes, add the cheese. Stir well until creamy and saucy or for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium flame.
- Saute the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, olives and zucchini pieces.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir well for a minute or two.
- Add the sauce and stir until evenly mixed.
- Garnish with oregano, pepper powder and mint leaves.
- Serve at once
If you like this dish, try our other pasta recipes