Nei Urundai (Moong Dal Laddu / Paasi Paruppu Laddoo) is a popular and common South Indian sweet made during Diwali and other special occasions. Simple, tasty and one of the easier Diwali sweets to make.
Paasi Paruppu (Moong Dal) – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 8
Cardamon – 3
1. Dry roast the paasi paruppu in low flame until golden colour.
2. Keep roasting continuously for fine roast otherwise the taste of the laddu will not be good.
3. Remove and allow it to cool. Grind to a smooth powder.
4. Heat ghee in a kadai and fry the cashewnuts.
5. Combine the sugar and cardamoms. Grind to a fine powder.
6. Add this to the kadai and mix well.
7. Add the paruppu powder to it and mix the ingredients well.
8. Remove from flame and allow it to cool down a bit.
9. Make small-medium laddus.
10. Store them in an airtight container.