A fusion of the popular Paneer Podimas and Scrambled Eggs, this dish is easy to make, tastes delicious and makes a great side dish for rotis, naans or pulaos
Paneer – 100 gms, grated
Eggs – 5 to 6
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, slit
Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp + 2 tsp
Star Anise – 1 or 2
Cloves – 2 to 3
Cinnamon – a small piece
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Oil as required
Capsicum – 1, finely chopped
Green Peas – 1/4 cup, boiled
1. Break the eggs into a bowl.
2. Add salt and 2 tsp turmeric powder.
3. Beat well and keep aside.
4. Heat little oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
5. Fry the cinnamon, cloves and star anise for 30 seconds.
6. Add the onions and saute well.
7. Add the tomatoes and stir well.
8. After a minute, add the green chillies, red chilli powder, grated paneer and little salt.
9. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Add the beaten eggs and stir to mix.
11. Keep stirring till the eggs start to scramble and it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and curry leaves.
13. Serve as a side dish to roti or naan.