A delicious appetizer or starter, this Karaikudi special poricha mushroom is simple and easy to make.
Mushrooms – 100 gms, halved
Shallots (Sambar Onions) – 2 to 3, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Garlic – 1/2 tblsp, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/8 tsp
Saunf – 1/8 tsp
Roasted Gram Flour – 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Spring Onions – 1 to 2, chopped, to garnish
1. Combine the mushrooms, onions, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, curry leaves, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl.
2. Dry roast the peppercorns, cumin seeds and saunf.
3. Grind to a fine powder.
4. Add to the bowl with roasted gram flour and mix well.
5. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and sprinkle a little water.
6. Mix well and shape into small balls.
7. If desired, add 2 tsp of roasted gram flour and mix again.
8. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
9. Fry the prepared mushrooms balls until light golden brown.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Garnish with spring onions.
12. Serve with sauce.