This is a quick and easy to make potato curry popular across North East India. The potatoes are cooked in spices and garnish with coriander leaves. Makes a tasty side dish to rice items, roti or dosa.
Potatoes – 200 gms, chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped (optional)
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Curry Leaves – little
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Dry Red Chilli – 1, broken
Oil – 2 tblsp
1. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium flame.
2. Add the red chillies, curry leaves, cumin seeds and fry for 10 seconds.
3. Add the onions and saute until golden brown.
4. Add the potatoes and stir.
5. After 30 seconds, add the garam masala powder, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
6. Sprinkle a little water and stir until the potatoes are evenly coated.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are ooked.
8. Remove the lid and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Remove from flame.
10. Serve with rice, roti or dosa.