Vendakkai (Okra/Bhindi) – 20 to 25
Corn Flour – 1/4 cup
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Maida (Plain Flour) – 1/4 cup
Peanuts – 2 tblsp, dry roasted and crushed
Tamarind Extract – 1/2 cup
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash and pat the okras.
2. Cut the tops and tails off.
3. Slice the lengthwise into 2 pieces and keep aside.
4. Remove and discard the seeds if preferred.
5. Add salt, turmeric powder and tamarind extract to a pan.
6. Place it over medium flame.
7. Add the sliced okras and simmer for a minute.
8. Drain well and keep aside.
9. Mix the corn flour, rice flour, peanuts, salt, garam masala powder and maida in a bowl.
10. Add enough water and mix well to a thick batter.
11. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
12. Dip the okras in the batter, shake off any excess and add to the hot oil.
13. Deep fry until light golden brown and remove.
14. Drain excess oil.
15. Serve hot with sauce or chutney.