Gingerbread Men Cookies are a Christmas Classic! These are your favorite gingerbread cookies in the shape of men! Your kids will love these festive cookies for Christmas and more.
Gingerbread men cookies are a tradition, which is why it can be challenging to find them in stores during the holiday season. Making your own gingerbread men cookies is a great way to bring the tradition into your home for you and your family.
Who doesn’t love gingerbread? The smell of freshly baked gingerbread men cookies seems to spread through the whole house, and we all know that they taste even better!
Making your own gingerbread men cookies is easier than you may think! All you need is some flour, brown sugar, butter, baking soda and salt. With only a few ingredients like these, you can make some delicious sweet memories with your family this holiday season!
This recipe is a classic holiday treat that will be a hit at any family dinner or party.
- 175 g Plain Flour (Maida)
- 85 g Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 50 g Butter rubbed into fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 Small Egg beaten
- Black Currants to garnish
- Combine the maida, soda bicarb and ginger in a bowl.
- Add the butter and sugar.
- Now add the golden syrup and egg.
- Mix well to form a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions.
- Roll out one half onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out gingerbread men using a cutter and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Use the currants to make eyes and buttons.
- Repeat until all dough is used up.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven at 190C for about 10 minutes until the biscuits turn slightly dark.
- Remove and cool.