A simple, healthy and delicious rice with ginger and lemon.
Ginger – 1/4 cup, peeled, grated
Lemon Juice – 1 1/2 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Basmati Rice – 2 cups, washed
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 20 seconds.
3. Add the ginger and saute for a minute or two.
4. Pour 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
5. Add the basmati rice and cook until done and the grains are separated.
6. Remove and allow it to cool.
7. Add lemon juice and salt.
8. Mix well.
9. Serve with papad or chips.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !