Rice – 2 cups, cooked
Onions – 3 to 4, chopped
Paneer – 15 to 20 cubes
Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Grind to a paste:
Mint Leaves – 2 bunches, medium size
Green Chillies – 8 to 10, adjust as per taste
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves
Cinnamon – a small piece
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Cloves – 4
Cashew Nuts – few, fried in little oil until golden (optional)
1. Grind the mint leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
2. Fry the paneer cubes in little oil until light golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai over medium flame.
4. Add the cinnamon, mustard seeds, red chillies and cloves.
5. Fry for a minute.
6. Add the onions and saute until golden.
7. Add the ground mint paste and stir well.
8. Add the paneer cubes and enough salt.
9. Mix well and cook until the oil starts to separate.
10. Add the rice and mix well.
11. Garnish with fried cashew nuts if desired.
12. Serve warm with papad or side dish of choice.