Cauliflower Mint Rice is a refreshing and delicious rice dish ideal for lunch (be it at home or office) or dinner.
A tasty one-pot dish with that is fragrant and refreshing packed with flavour.
An alternative to the usual mint rice.
Cauliflower and Mint Rice
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- as required Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- a small bunch Mint Leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
- as per taste Salt
- few Cashew Nuts
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Add water with little salt and let it boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets in water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Grind the mint leaves with green chillies to fine paste.
- Heat a pan with required oil /ghee.
- Saute with onions and ginger garlic paste.
- When the raw smell disappears, add the mint paste.
- Add salt to taste and keep cooking until the paste is cooked well.
- Add the boiled florets and mix well.
- Cover and cook in low flame, until the florets are cooked completely.
- Add the cooked rice and mix gently.
- Fry the cashew nuts in little ghee and garnish if needed.
- Serve hot.