Milagu Mor Kuzhambu is a delicious and healthy South Indian sambar variety made with buttermilk and spices. It is often served with steamed rice and a choice of vegetable side dish. Very similar to North Indian Kadhi, this is a small variation to the regular mor kuzhambu.
Milagu Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
Ingredients for Milagu Mor Kuzhambu
- 100 g Senai Kizhangu (Elephant Yam)
- 1 tsp Rice
- 20 to 25 Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 250 ml Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
How to make Milagu Mor Kuzhambu
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the peppercorns for a minute and remove.
- Mix with rice and grind to a fine powder.
- Peel and finely chop the yam.
- Boil until tender.
- Mix salt, ground pepper, boiled yam and buttermilk in a pan.
- Simmer over medium flame.
- Fry the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds in little oil.
- Add the mor kuzhambu and stir.
- When it starts to bubble, remove from flame.
- Serve hot with rice.