Curd – 500 ml, plain
Seppankizhangu (Colocasia) – 10, boiled, peeled, halved
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Black Peppercorns – 10
Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
Chana Dal – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a small pinch
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame.
2. Add peppercorns, dry red chillies, chana dal and cumin seeds.
3. Fry for 30 to 60 seconds.
4. Add the grated coconut.
5. Remove and grind them to a smooth paste.
6. Combine this with the curd along with salt.
7. Mix well.
8. Add the seppankizhangu to the curd mixture and place it over moderate flame.
9. Simmer for a few minutes.
10. In a small frying pan, fry the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds using very little oil.
11. Pour this over the mor kuzhambu.
12. Add asafoetida powder and mix well.
13. Remove and serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.