Maida (Plain Flour) – 3 cups
Milk – 4 tsp
Butter – 250 gms
Caster Sugar – 2 cups
Eggs – 2
Baking Powder – 3 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
For the icing:
Icing Sugar – 2 cups
Butter – 2 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1 or 2 drops
Edible Food Colour – 2 drops
1. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and milk.
3. Beat again.
4. Add flour and baking powder.
5. Mix well and knead until smooth.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes.
7. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and roll into out.
8. Using a cookie cutter or a small cup, cut shapes and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown in a preheated oven at 180C/360F.
10. Remove and cool.
11. Meanwhile, add 2 tsp hot water to the icing ingredients and mix well.
11. Spoon this into a resealable bag and make a small hole to use it as a piping bag.
12. Decorate the biscuits with the icing.
13. Cool and serve.