Milk – 1 litre (or Unsweetened Khoya – 200 gms)
Sugar – 175 gms
Maida – 200 gms
Ghee – 250 gms
Cashewnuts – 10 to 15, broken
Pistachios – few, broken
Almonds – few, broken
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Cloves as required
Water as required
1. Boil the milk till it reaches a khoya consistency and remove.
2. Add sugar, powdered cashewnuts, almonds, pistachios to the milk and mix well until sugar has fully dissolved.
3. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Add salt to maida. Add enough water and knead well to a poori dough consistency.
5. Roll the dough into small puris and add 1 to 2 tsp of the milk-dry fruits filling.
6. Shape the puris into a triangle and stick a clove.
7. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the prepared chandrakalas till golden brown.
8. Remove and serve.
Tip: If using readymade khoya, omit step 1.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !