Flour – 250 gms, refined
Milk – 1 litre
Suji – 1/4 cup
Nutmeg – 1 sliver, powdered
Sugar – 2 tsp
Chire (chirwa) – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – a pinch
Large cardamom seeds – 4 to 5, ground
Sugar – 1 1/2 tsp, for syrup
Water as required – 1/2 cup
1. To make the kheer, boil the milk, suji and sugar.
2. Stir and cook the mixture till it becomes very thick.
3. Add the nutmeg and cook till the mixture solidifies.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Soak the chirwa in lukewarm water.
6. Keep aside till it softens a bit.
7. Now grind it to form a grainy paste.
8. To this paste, add the flour, kheer, baking powder and ground cardamom seeds to make a dough.
9. Make roughly oval balls from this dough.
10. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the balls.
11. Soak these balls in sugar syrup and serve without taking them out of the sugar syrup.