Elaneer Payasam or Tender Coconut Kheer is a delicious and simple to make dessert. Made with the flesh of tender coconut, condensed milk and coconut milk, this is different to the regular kheer / payasam varieties like Vermicelli Kheer, Gasa Gasa Payasam etc.
This South Indian dessert is light, refreshing and is full of rich nutrients. There are different variations of the Elaneer Payasam according to one’s taste and preference. The usage of cardamom powder, condensed milk is as per individual taste.
Elaneer Payasam (Tender Coconut Kheer)
- 1/2 cup Tender Coconut Flesh
- as required Tender Coconut Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 250 ml Milk
- 1/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tsp Tender Coconut Flesh chopped
- few Cashew Nuts fried in little oil or ghee
- In a mixer, combine the coconut flesh with little coconut water and grind to a puree consistency.
- Boil the milk in a pan over medium flame.
- Add cardamom powder and condensed milk.
- When the mixture starts to thicken, remove the pan and keep aside to cool.
- Add the tender coconut puree and coconut milk.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with coconut flesh and cashew nuts.
- Serve warm or chilled.