Mushrooms – 200 gms, chopped + 4, sliced
Chana Dal – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1, chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves
Ginger – 1 inch piece, grated
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Potato – 1, boiled and mashed
Breadcrumbs – 2 tblsp
Sesame Seeds – to roll the kebabs
Mint Leaves – 2 tblsp, chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder as required
Oil for frying
1. Soak the chana dal in water for 60 minutes.
2. Boil it with ginger, garlic and onion.
3. Cook the mushrooms separately.
4. Dry grind the cooked dal and mushroom together.
5. Mix the ground dal-mushroom mixture with mashed potatoes, ginger, chilli, breadcrumbs, mint, garam masala powder and salt.
6. Add red chilli powder if required.
7. Divide the dough into 12 balls.
8. Take one ball and flatten a bit.
9. Place one slice of the mushroom in the centre and shape it like a cutlet.
10. Do the same for the rest.
11. Spread some sesame seeds on a plate and roll the patties lightly.
12. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
13. Fry the kebabs in it till crisp.
14. Remove and drain.
15. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Mushroom Kebab Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Mushroom Kebab from Awesome Cuisine.