Oats – 1 cup
Samba Rava – 1/2 cup
Curd – 1 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Green Chillies – 1, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – few
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the oats and grind to a smooth powder.
2. Separately dry roast the samba rava till golden.
3. Mix both with curd in a bowl.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Fry the mustard seeds and urad dal for 45 seconds.
6. Add this to the curd mixture.
7. Add curry leaves, ginger, coriander leaves, asafoetida powder, green chillies and salt.
8. Mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
9. Pour this into idli plates and cook till done.
10. Serve hot with chutney.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Image credit: mekyzeasykitchen.blogspot.com