Rice Flour – 3 cups
Moong Dal (Paasi Paruppu) – 1 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Warm Oil – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
1. Dry roast the moong dal until golden.
2. Remove and grind to a fine powder.
3. Sieve and transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add rice flour, cumin seeds, asafoetida powder and salt.
5. Add the warm oil and mix well.
6. Gradually add enough water and mix well to a thick, pliable dough.
7. Lightly grease a murukku maker and add the dough.
8. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
9. Gently press over the hot oil.
10. Fry the murukkus on both sides until golden brown.
11. Remove and drain excess oil.
12. Store the murukkus in an airtight container.