Spinach – 500 gms, washed, boiled and drained well, chopped
Paneer – 250 gms, cubed
Oil – 1/2 cup
CInnamon – 1 one inch stick
Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
Garlic Paste — 2 tsp
Water – 3 1/2 to 4 cups
Green Cardamom – 4
Black Cardamom – 3
Turmeric Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/8 tsp
Black Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan over moderate flame.
2. Add the paneer pieces and fry till light brown.
3. Remove and plunge them in water. Keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a deep pan.
5. Add the garlic and boiled spinach.
6. Stir to mix well and fry till spinach changes colour and water has evaporated.
7. Add water, cardamoms, turmeric powder, cinnamon stick, ginger powder, red chilli paste and salt.
8. Bring to a boil and cook till the water has reduced by half.
9. Drain the paneer and add to the pan.
10. Cook till all water has been absorbed.
11. Add cardamom powder, pepper powder and cumin seeds.
12. Mix well and simmer for a minute or two.
13. Remove and serve with rice or roti.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and may not be of the actual recipe.
Image credit: idiva