Idly Rice – 500 gms
Urad Dal – 150 gms
Green Chillies – 3, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece, peeled, finely chopped
Onions – 2 cups, finely chopped
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Soak the dal and rice, separately, for 3 hours.
2. Drain and grind them separately to a smooth batter.
3. Combine them in a large bowl, add enough salt and mix well. Keep aside for
4. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
5. Saute the onions, ginger and green chillies for a minute.
6. Add to the batter and mix well.
7. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
8. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread to a thick uttapam.
9. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides.
10. Remove and serve hot with sambar and chutney.