Methi Paneer is a popular North Indian side dish for rotis, chapatis, naan and pulaos. Simple and easy to make, it is a rich and creamy dish that can be paired with almost any main course . Paneer dishes are always a popular feature in any occasion and this one is no different.
- Paneer – 250 gms
- Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) – 500 gms
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Water – 2 cups
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Cut and wash the fenugreek leaves.
- Apply salt and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out the water out of fenugreek leaves and wash again.
- Boil in 2 cups water for 5 minutes.
- Drain off the water and squeeze the fenugreek leaves to remove all traces of water.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry the onion, add the fenugreek leaves and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes and the dry spices.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and remove from flame.
- Serve hot.