Gram Flour – 1 tblsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1 tblsp
Ground Cumin – 1 tsp
Mustard Powder – 1 tsp
Ground Turmeric – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 4 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 6 to 8
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Cauliflower – 1, broken in florets
Thick Coconut Milk – 3/4 cup
Juice of 2 Lemons
Salt as per taste
Lime Wedges – to serve
1. Put the gram flour in a small bowl and stir-in enough of the water to make a smooth paste.
2. Add the chilli, coriander, cumin, mustard, turmeric and salt.
3. Add the remaining water and keep mixing to blend all the ingredients well.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the curry leaves and cumin seeds. Add the spice paste and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. If the sauce has become too thick, add a little hot water.
5. Add the cauliflower florets and the coconut milk.
6. Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce the heat. Cover with a lid and cook until the cauliflower is tender but still retains a bit of a crunch.
7. Add the lemon juice, mix well and serve the curry hot with the wedges of lime to squeeze over.