Raw Prawns – 450 gms, large
Fresh Root Ginger – 1 inch, grated
Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
Hot Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Ground Turmeric – 1 tsp
Black Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
Green Cardamom Seeds – 4, crushed
Ghee or Butter – 1/4 cup
Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
Salt – to taste
Ground Black Pepper – as required
Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tblsp, chopped for garnish
Naan Bread – to serve
1. Peel the prawns carefully, leaving the tails attached.
2. Using a small, sharp knife, make a slit along the back of each prawn and remove the dark vein. Rinse under cold running water, drain and pat dry.
3. Put the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric, mustard seeds and cardamom seeds in a bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat completely in the spice mixture.
4. Heat a kadai until hot. Add the ghee or butter and swirl it around until foaming.
5. Add the spiced prawns and stir fry for 1 to 11/2 minutes until they are just turning pink.
6. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until the prawns are just cooked through. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
7. Sprinkle wih the chopped fresh coriander and serve immediately with naan bread.
Quick-fried Prawns with Spices Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Quick-fried Prawns with Spices Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.