Double Chocolate Chip Muffin is a classic dessert that is loved by many. It is usually served with coffee or tea in the morning, or as a dessert that is popular during the Christmas season or any other time of the year where you need a sweet treat.
It’s rich, indulgent, and full of chocolate.
You can use dark chocolate chips or bittersweet or milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also use a combination.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Ingredients for Double Chocolate Chip Muffin
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 50 g Butter
- 1 Egg beaten
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- a small pinch Salt
- 100 g Chocolate Chips
How to make Double Chocolate Chip Muffin
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F.
- Heat butter in a pan and leave it cool.
- Combine the melted butter, buttermilk and egg in a bowl.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add this to the buttermilk mixture and combine gently.
- Add half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tray lined with paper cups.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove and cool before serving.
- Store it in an airtight container.