For the base:
Digestive biscuits – 175 gms
Roasted and chopped hazelnuts – 50 gms
Dark brown soft sugar – 15 gms
Unsalted butter, melted – 100 gms
For the filling
Dark chocolate – 250 gms
Icing sugar – 100 gms
Soft cheese – 350 gms
Cream – 450 ml
Baileys – 40 ml (drink)
For the sauce
Dark chocolate – 200 gms
Skimmed milk – 200 ml
Cream – 100 ml
Icing sugar – 50 gms
Unsalted butter – 25 gms
1. Grease a 20 cm loose bottom tin.
2. Start by making the base; mix together crumbled biscuits, hazelnuts, brown sugar and melted butter. This will form a grainy mix.
3. Press into the tin and place in the fridge while you make the filling.
4. For the filling, melt the chocolate in a heavy pan.
5. Separately make a smooth mix of the cream chese and icing sugar by heating them together on very low heat. Remove from heat and mix in the whipped cream.
6. Add the above mix to the chocolate along with baileys.
7. Spread this on the refrigerated base evenly and then refrigerate for 2 hours till firmly set.
8. After the cheesecake is set, make the sauce. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over some simmering water.
9. In a separate pan combine the milk, cream and icing sugar and bring up to a simmer.
10. Now pour the milk/cream mixture over the chocolate, whisking continuously.
11. Add the butter and mix thoroughly.
12. Serve the cheese cake with a little of the chocolate sauce.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !