Ribbon Pakoda is a delicious South Indian variation of the Murukku. Crispy and crunchy, they are an anytime snack. Malabar Pakoda is a variation of the original and is equally tasty plus easy to make.
- Raw Boiled Rice – 2 cups
- Red Chillies – 6
- Fried Gram Flour – 1/4 cup
- Bengal Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
- Oil – To Deep Fry
- Salt to Taste
- Wash the rice and soak them in water for 3 hours.
- Soak the red chillies in water for sometime.
- Drain the excess water from rice and add the red chillies and salt to it.
- Blend them together in a mixer and grind them to a thick paste.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl, add fried gram flour, bengal gram flour and knead them together.
- Heat a kadai under medium flame.
- Take some of the dough and pass it through a ribbon pakoda maker onto the hot oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain the excess oil in a kitchen tissue.
- When the heat is reduced, transfer them to an air tight container jar.