White Karamani (Thatta Payaru / Cow Peas) – 2 cups
Jaggery – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coconut – 1/3 cup, grated
1. Soak the karamani in water for 8 to 12 hours.
2. Drain well and pressure cook until soft. Do not overcook else it will become mushy.
3. Add enough water to jaggery and mix until fully dissolved.
4. Strain to remove any impurities.
5. Place this over medium flame and simmer until it slightly thickens.
6. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
7. Add the cooked karamani, jaggery and cardamom powder.
8. Mix well.
9. Switch off the flame and transfer to a pan.
10. Sprinkle grated coconut on top.
11. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !