Shish Taouk (or Skewered Chicken Kebabs) is a traditional Middle Eastern dish, especially in Lebanon. Skinless and boneless chicken pieces are marinated and then grilled. These are then served with pita bread, salad and sauce of choice.
Chicken Breast – 450 gms, skinless, boneless
Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
Plain Yogurt – 1/4 cup (optional)
Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Red Chilli Powder – a pinch
Garam Masala Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Wooden Skewers – 3 to 4, soaked in water for 30 minutes
1. Combine the lemon juice, yogurt, olive oil, garlic, pepper powder and chilli powder in a bowl.
2. Chop the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
3. Mix well and cover with a lid.
4. Keep aside for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge.
5. Heat a grill pan over medium flame.
6. Skewer the marinated chickens and place them on the hot grill.
7. Cook for 15 minutes, turning a few times, or until cooked through and browned all over.
8. Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
9. Serve with pita bread, salad and sauce of choice.
Looks delicious! will try it for sure!
Sounds delicious. Will surely try preparing it
Hope to be in touch