Bengal gram dhal – 1 cup
Cauliflower – 1
Bread – 6 slices
Finely cut onions – 1/4 cup.
Chopped coriander leaves – 1tbsp
Bengal gram flour – 2 tbsp
Salt – as required
Fine bread crumbs – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1tbsp
Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
Cardamom – 2
Garlic – 2 flakes
Cloves – 2
Red chilles – 7
Oil – for frying
1. Wash and cut cauliflower into big flowerettes.
2. Arrange on a sieve and stream for 3 minutes in cooker
3. Cook dhal in enough water till one whistle sound.
4. Drain water completely.
5. Dry roast poppy and cumin separately.
6. Grind it along with red chilles, garlic, cardamom and cloves with minimum water possible.
7. Then add dhal, cauliflower and grind coarsely.
8. Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till crisp.
9. Add ground masala paste and fry till moisture dries up.
10. Dip bread slices in water and sqeeze immediately to remove water. Add salt, chopped coriander, bengal gram flour to the paste.
11. Knead well and shape into kababs.
12. Apply oil to skewers and shape a thin layer of paste on top.
13. Top with little butter and bake in pre heated oven till brown.
14. Slice into 3 or 4 pieces and serve hot with vinegar onions.