A delicious after-dinner dessert, this chocolate mint cookies is also great as a teatime snack. Inspired by Nigella’s TV show.
Cocoa Powder – 2/3 cups
Plain Flour – 2 cups
Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
Eggs – 2
Salt – a pinch
Butter – 1 cup, softened
Light Brown Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Chocolate Chips – 2 cups, bittersweet
Peppermint Flavouring – 1/2 tsp
1. Mix the sugar and butter in a bowl until creamy.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Beat well.
4. Mix the cocoa powder, salt, flour and baking powder in an another bowl.
5. Gradually add this to the egg mixture and mix well.
6. Add the chocolate chips and peppermint flavouring.
7. Mix well until combined.
8. Add 1 or 2 tblsp of the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving a little space in between. Flattem them lightly using the back of a spoon.
9. Place them in a preheated oven at 175C/350F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
10. Remove, cool and store them in an airtight container.
1. If preferred, you can sprinkle a bit of icing sugar or cocoa powder on top.
2. You can also glaze this cookie with a peppermint and chocolate sauce.