Teriyaki Chicken Wings is a culinary journey that transforms ordinary wings into a delectable experience. This Asian-inspired dish prepares you to indulge in the perfect balance of sweetness and umami.
About the Recipe
Embark on a flavour adventure as Teriyaki Chicken Wings marry the tenderness of chicken wings with the rich, savoury-sweet profile of a homemade teriyaki marinade.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Immerse yourself in the mouthwatering combination of juicy chicken wings and a teriyaki marinade that strikes the perfect balance between sweet and savoury. A treat for your taste buds awaits!
Serving and Storing Suggestions
Present these golden-brown delights on a serving plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with the reserved teriyaki sauce for dipping. Leftovers? They’re perfect for tomorrow’s lunch!
Other Similar Recipes
Explore our Asian-inspired recipes like Soy-Garlic Chicken Skewers or Honey-Sesame Glazed Wings for various delightful wing experiences.
Packed with protein from chicken wings and the healthful touch of ginger, garlic, and soy sauce, Teriyaki Chicken Wings offer a flavorful, nutrient-rich option.
Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 750 g Chicken Wings (whole)
- 1 to 2 cloves Garlic (finely sliced)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Dry Sherry
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ginger (grated)
- 3 Spring Onions (minced)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Blend soy sauce, oil, sherry, honey, orange juice, vinegar, ginger, and garlic until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Transfer the remaining marinade to a large bowl, add chicken wings, coat evenly, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove wings and discard excess marinade. Grill on medium heat for 10-20 minutes until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Heat reserved marinade in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Transfer grilled chicken to a serving plate, sprinkle sesame seeds, and serve with the sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use the marinade for other meats?
Absolutely! The teriyaki marinade works wonders with proteins like beef, pork, or tofu. Experiment with your favourites!
Can I bake the wings instead of grilling?
Certainly! Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and bake the marinated wings on a lined baking sheet for approximately 25-30 minutes or until cooked and golden.
Are there any vegetarian alternatives for this teriyaki sauce?
Absolutely! Substitute chicken with firm tofu or your favourite veggies for a delicious vegetarian version of Teriyaki Wings.
What sides pair well with Teriyaki Chicken Wings?
Serve these wings with steamed jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables, or a light cucumber salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
Can I freeze the marinated wings for later use?
Yes, you can! Freeze the marinated wings in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw before grilling or baking for a quick and flavorful meal.