Athipazham (Fig/Anjeer) – 250 gms, dry variety
Milk – 500 ml
Sugar – 250 gms
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 50 gms
Almonds – 50 gms
Water – 1/4 cup
1. Soak the figs in milk for 30 minutes and grind to a puree.
2. Add water to sugar and bring to a gentle boil till it reaches an one string consistency.
3. Add the ground figs, almonds and cashewnuts.
4. Gradually add the ghee and stir until it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
5. Transfer to a greased plate and allow it to cool.
6. Cut into desired shapes.