Raw Mango Sambar is a tangy, tasty and easy to make South Indian sambar variety made during the summer season. Summer is when mangoes are found in plenty and there are a numerous ways one can devour the king of fruits.
Green Mango – 1, peeled, chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Sambar Powder – 2 tsp
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Toor Dal – 2 tsp
Kopra – 1 tblsp, grated
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped, to garnish
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Curry Leaves – few
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the toor dal, kopra and red chillies.
3. Fry for a minute and remove.
4. Grind to a fine powder and keep aside.
5. Add the tamarind extract to a pan and place it over medium flame.
6. Add salt, turmeric powder, sambar powder and mango pieces.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Add the ground masala powder and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Fry the tempering ingredients in a pan and add to the sambar.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Serve hot with rice.