Plain Flour (Maida) – 3 cups
Sugar – 2 cups, powdered
Eggs – 2, beaten well
Butter – 1 cup
Baking Soda – 2 tsp
Milk – 2 cups
Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
1. Combine sugar and butter together.
2. Whisk well until light and fluffy.
3. Add the beaten egg and blend well.
4. Sift together the maida and baking soda.
5. Gradually add this to the egg mixture. If required add a little milk and mix till the batter is fluffy and soft.
6. Add vanilla essence and blend well.
7. Sprinkle some maida on a greased baking tin.
8. Pour the prepared mixture into the tin and place it in a pressure cooker.
9. Do not add water the cooker and ensure the tin does not touch the base of cooker.
10. Reduce flame to low and pressure cook for 2 minutes.
11. Increase flame to medium and cook for 40 to 45 minutes.
12. Switch off the flame and wait for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
13. Insert a knife or a metal skewer into the cake and if it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
Note: If you an eggless cake, just omit the egg and add 1 more cup of butter.