Masala Papad is a very popular North Indian snack / starter dish. A refreshing & light snack, Masala Papads are perfect for any occasion with crispy papads topped up with a tangy mixture of onions and tomatoes.
Papads – 10
Tomatoes – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Onions – 1 cup, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder as per taste
Chaat Masala Powder – a pinch
Oil to fry the papads
1. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the papads one by one and remove carefully without breaking them.
3. Drain excess oil and place them on a flat surface.
4. For an oil less papad, roast them on low flame without burning it too much.
4. Combine the onions, tomatoes and green chillies in a bowl.
5. Add salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala powder and lemon juice.
6. Mix well.
7. Scatter this on top of each papad ensuring equal spread.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve at once.